Ordnance Survey Maps - 25 inch 2nd and later editions, Scotland, 1892-1949
The most detailed topographic mapping for all the inhabited regions of Scotland from the 1890s to the 1940s.
Browse the maps:
- As individual sheets using a zoomable map of Scotland
- As a seamless zoomable overlay layer (1892-1905) on modern satellite images and OS maps
- As a seamless zoomable layer (1892-1905) side-by-side with modern satellite images and OS maps
- By county – text lists
- Guide to abbreviations – alphabetical list of standard OS abbreviations
- Specimens of the stamps used for trees and vegetation (1886)
- Conventional signs and writing – OS Symbols and Lettering (ca. 1923)
- List of Scottish counties, with their changes of meridian, dates of survey and publication.
- Further information: