Find by Place - Help
This application allows you to search for all of our online maps by their place/location.
- Choose a map series that you would like to search, by selecting it from the drop-down lists in the left-hand panel:
Use both 1. Select a category: and 2. Select a map / map series:.
- The map extents are shown as bounding boxes. Zoom in on your area of interest and click on it to view the map that covers this area. The extents of the map that you have selected is highlighted in blue, and a brief record and image of it appears in the right-hand panel.
- Select this record or image in the right-hand panel to view a zoomable image or further information about the map sheet.
- Use the Gazetteer / NGRef: to position the map location on a particular place name, postcode or National Grid Reference. You can also position the map by choosing particular counties and parishes from drop-down lists.
- Under Choose a map series, select Multiple categories / group search to search for all the map series, or for groups of series, covering a place.
Click the cross (top right) to close this window.
Don't show this message again