Explore Georeferenced Maps - Help
This application allows you to view selected georeferenced maps as overlays.
- Choose an historic map overlay: that you would like to view, by selecting it from the drop-down lists in the left-hand panel:
Use both 1. Select a category: and 2. Select a map / map series:.
- Zoom in on your area of interest to view the overlay in detail.
- Change transparency of overlay by sliding the blue circular transparency slider in the left-hand panel.
- Use the Gazetteer / NGRef: to position the map location on a particular place name, postcode or National Grid Reference. You can also position the map by choosing particular counties and parishes from drop-down lists.
- Change background mapping using the drop-down in the centre-top of the map.
- Choose the Full-screen / Draw, 3D, or Spy viewers from the lower-left footer for different presentations of the mapping.
- Measure distance and area with the Measurement tools drop-down options to the upper right.
Click the cross (top right) to close this window.
Don't show this message again