Great Reform Act Plans and Reports, 1832
Detailed maps and reports of 75 towns in Scotland for the purposes of implementing the Reform Act (Scotland) of 1832.
Browse the Volume:
- List view - view a list of all plans and pages in order within volume
- Graphical view - view the plans within the volume by location
These plans are valuable because they:
- Include the earliest recorded printed plans that exist for some towns
- Include 36 towns that were mapped for the first time
- Show a considerable amount of the outskirts and land beyond the built-up area
- Depict and name important urban features, such as streets, public buildings, industrial premises and bridges.