Ordnance Survey National Grid maps, 1940s-1960s
The most detailed Ordnance Survey maps after the Second World War.
This layer will expand geographically as we scan additional sheets in the series, and currently just covers Edinburgh and London.
- Browse maps of Edinburgh (surveyed 1944-1963) :
- Browse maps of London and south-east England (TQ National Grid square - 1947-1964) :
- As individual sheets using a zoomable map
- As a zoomable overlay on a modern Google or Bing map
- As a seamless zoomable layer side-by-side with modern Google and OS maps
- Guide to abbreviations – alphabetical list of standard OS abbreviations