Town Plans / Views, 1580-1919

Map Detail
Name: Ogg, Alexander (land surveyor)
Smith, John (architect)  
Title: Map of new and old Aberdeen corrected to 1847 : with the recent improvements, railways, harbour &c.  
Imprint: [Aberdeen] : D. Wyllie & Son, 111 Union Street, Aberdeen, June 21 1847.
Pagination: 1 map : hand col. ; 68 x 53 cm.
Shelfmark: EMS.s.829
Zoom Into Map:         Click on the map to view in greater detail.
Notes: "This map, continued from the original survey made in 1809, by John Smith Architect has been revised and corrected to 1847, by Alex. Ogg Land Surveyor, the railways and approaches by Alex Gibb, C.E. and the harbour improvements by James Abernethy, Harbour Engineer". MS annotations to show the extant of free post following the Great Post Office reform of 1839.  

Copyright           Enquiries & Copies           Help