Ordnance Survey Maps - 25 inch England and Wales, 1841-1952
The most detailed topographic mapping covering most parts of England and Wales from the 1840s to the 1950s. This layer currently just covers counties in southern England, but will expand geographically as scanning continues.
Browse the maps:
- As individual sheets using a zoomable map of England and Wales
- As a seamless zoomable overlay layer (1890s-1920s) on modern satellite images and OS maps
- As a seamless zoomable layer (1890s-1920s) side-by-side with modern satellite images and OS maps
- By county – text lists
- Guide to abbreviations – alphabetical list of standard OS abbreviations
- Guide to symbols
- List of counties, with their dates of survey, publication, and changes of meridian.
- Further information: