Side by Side - Help
This application allows you to compare selected georeferenced maps to each other and to modern map or satellite layers in a split-screen viewer.
- Choose an historic map that you would like to view, by selecting it from the drop-down lists above each map.
Use both 1. Select a category: and 2. Select a map / map series:.
- Zoom in on your area of interest to view the overlay in detail.
- The historic map layers available in the drop-down lists change automatically to those covering the map extents.
- Select Zoom to extent to present the whole extent of the selected layer on screen.
- Toggle the Swipe (upper right) on or off to swipe the central vertical bar sideways.
Click the cross (top right) to close this window.
Don't show this message again